We're the People is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization with application pending with the Internal Revenue Service. It welcomes donations to support its operations and programs. We're the People will publicly disclose donations quarterly by posting to the website.
Voter apathy is a serious, but fixable, problem.
We want to increase the number of people who vote. There are three avenues we plan to take to achieve this goal:
I: Voter Registration Drives: First Step to Real Participation
- Collaborate with Statewide Student Organizations to register college students
- Voter registration pledges
- Assist voters in finding their polling locations
- Motivate voters to turn out for all elections through events & media campaigns
- Register incarcerated voters in Maine & Vermont
II: Voter Education: What am I voting on?
- Partnership with schools to ensure youth education on voting rights education and highlighting current political issues without a political bias.
- Provide resources to voters, online and at in-person events
III: Voter Turnout: Fighting Voter Apathy
- Partner with elected officials to do town halls/info session to engage potential voters
- Voting pledges
- Provide on-the-day support to voters who feel they are being intimidated at the polls
- Policy advocacy
- Voter ID Laws
- Lobbying on issues that impact voter turnout
- Lobby days w/student associations
- Help student associations get legislators to sponsor bills related to voting rights
- Voter fraud
- Increase access to non-English Ballots
While we will be working year-round to get the vote out for all elections, the midterms and presidential elections will be the nationwide focus. In off-cycle years, we will focus on methods of voter advocacy as well as reviewing out voter outreach to ensure the methods we’re using are finding as much success as possible.